The Behavioral Health Outpatient Clinic Psychologist works collaboratively as a member of the health care team to assess, diagnose, and treat mental, emotional, and behavioral disorders. This person assumes responsibility and accountability for the duties of the position and is cognizant of the philosophy, standards, objectives, and policies of the Schneider Regional Medical Center and the Behavioral Health Outpatient Clinic.
Must be able to stand for up to 8 hours a day, walk up to 4 hours a day, and sit for up to 4 hours a day. Must be able to occasionally push/pull up to 50 lbs. and lift/carry up to 20 lbs. on an occasional basis. Is aware of risk of exposure to communicable diseases; blood and/or body fluids.
• BLS certification, knowledgeable and comfortable working with computers.
• Knowledge of accreditation and certification requirements and standards.
• Knowledge of crisis intervention techniques.
• Ability to observe, assess, and record symptoms, reactions, and progress.
• Ability to effectively communicate medical information, test results, diagnoses
and/or proposed treatment in a manner easily understood by the client.
• Interviewing and psychological/developmental evaluation skills.
• Ability to evaluate the progress of therapeutic programs and to make individual
• Ability to use independent judgment and to manage and impart confidential
• Ability to assess mental status in clients and to develop individual treatment goals
• Knowledge of psychological test administration, scoring, and interpretation.